Featured Travel Post
It's funny how we grow up in a certain part of a state yet sometimes we still don't really know much about it. Take for instance ...
Wednesday, April 19
No time for baked goods? Try Loacker snacks instead.
Sometimes even as a stay-at-home mom I don't have time to make everything from home for my family. So I have to pick and choose what meals/snacks I can fit in my schedule each week. That means sometimes they want a snack and I don't have anything prepared for them...because we all know they don't always want the best option of fresh fruit or vegetables. So I like to have a little snack corner for those moments to help them make better decisions. And with a little help from the Loacker line of snacks I can do that with ease.
Loacker, global better-for-you snack brand, shows us what to avoid and what to look for in a quality snack.
What to Avoid:
• Preservatives- certain popular preservatives have been linked to cancer, asthma and allergies
• Hydrogenated fats- known to raise “bad” cholesterol while lowering “good” cholesterol. Strongly linked with heart disease and the risk of developing metabolic syndrome
• Bioengineered Crops (GMOs)- grown with toxic chemicals and pesticide residue known to be harmful to human health
What to Look For:
1. Where Ingredients Are Sourced - Where ingredients are sourced matters; That’s why Loacker sources all ingredients directly from the Italian Alps since 1925.
Recommended Snack: Loacker Napolitaner Classic Wafer Cookies
2. Natural products - When purchasing snack foods, look for those labeled as “natural.” Loacker uses only the finest Italian hazelnuts, real “Bourbon” vanilla pods, aromatic cocoa, the finest quality milk from the Alps and fresh mountain water.
Recommended Snack: Loacker Quadratini Bite Size Wafer Cookies
3. Organic - Avoid artificial flavors and colors, any ingredients you can’t pronounce.
Recommended Snack: Loacker Gran Pasticceria
Wafer cookies have always been a favorite in our house, and it's something I wouldn't even begin to know how to make from scratch myself. So why beat myself up over it when there are options out there like the Loacker Napolitaner Classic Wafer Cookies that I can get in a variety of flavors and satisfy everyone's craving for them? Sounds like a no brainer to me. Plus they come in small packages that are the perfect size for on the go snacking.
Loacker products are available at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Target and other premium grocers nationwide.
Connect with Loacker: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the above mentioned brand. I received monetary product(s) in exchange for my honest and unbiased thoughts. All thoughts and opinions stated are my own and are in no way influenced by my partnership with mentioned brands.