Featured Travel Post
We had such a good time back in 2014 when we first visited Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament in Schaumburg, IL we decided to go ba...
Friday, November 18
Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho it's off to Medieval Times we go!
It's hard to believe it's been almost two years since our last visit to Medieval Times. I can still remember just how excited my daughter got when she received a flower from one of the knights. Such a precious memory. We all had such a good time that we are gearing up to go again. It makes for a nice little weekend getaway for us since it's about a two hour drive from home. In the meantime while you wait to hear all about our trip I have some some fun facts about Medieval Times to share with you as well as a hot discount offer.
Fun Facts about Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament:
* All Knights begin their training as Squires - just as they did in the Middle Ages - learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
* Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
* Every shield must be repainted after every show.
* When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
* Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
* Our horses enjoy retirement at the ranch after 15 to 20 years of performing.
* 125,000 gallons of soup are served each year.
* 400,000 gallons of Pepsi are consumed each year.
* Each arena is filled with about 4,455 cubic feet of sand - about the load of 10 dump trucks.
* Medieval Times is the #1 breeder of pure Spanish horses in North America.
Book now and SAVE!
My Readers save at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. CLICK HERE and use this exclusive promo code MT3629 through 2/17/17 and receive Adults for just $36.95 and children (12 and under) only $29.95.
Disclosure: I received compensation in the form of product in exchange for my honest and unbiased thoughts. All thoughts and opinions stated are my own and are in no way influenced by my partnership with mentioned brands.