Net Nanny is an internet filtering product that protects viewers from pornography, cyber bullying, online predators, social network dangers and various other topics. It gives us as parents complete visibility and control over our child’s online activities on all devices that are internet capable. Signing up for Net Nanny was very simple to do and actually only took a few minutes for registration and configuring the settings for my teenage son.
How it works:
• Offensive material is removed according to the personal settings you set per user.
• Parents/administrators set this access by specific keywords, games, and websites.
• Administrators then receive email alerts when an inappropriate site has been visited.
• Parents can also monitor their child’s social media posts and chats.
• Net Nanny will mask profanity onscreen when browsing the web.
Net Nanny Social lets parents monitor a child’s friends, pictures, and comments on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+ and LinkedIn. This is a really great feature too because it seems like social media is taking over the lives of all teenagers these days.
If you have children of any age in your house that have access to the internet (or might have even without you knowing) I highly suggest checking into Net Nanny not just for their safety but for yours also. And the peace of mind it will bring you will be well worth it.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.