• Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
• Delightful animations will help your children learn letters and words in a fun and engaging way
• Frequent repetition designed to help children learn numbers and their sequence
• Aligned to Kindergarten Reading Foundation skills of Common Core Standards
• Animated flashcards to teach your kids letters and words
• A rich, exploratory environment filled with surprises
• Funny, bright, creative artwork
One thing I love about this app is that it specifically aims to make learning more fun and rewarding. It has more than just great graphics and fun music it also keeps children's interest by rewarding their achievements. For instance when they correctly trace numbers they are also collecting fireflies in a jar. I think this shows them a since of achievement and that their efforts are being rewarded.
Another one of the activities focuses on the letters of the alphabet. Of course it starts with the letter "A". As soon as you begin this activity it shows you the large and small size of the letter then tells you what the letter is. Then the child taps on the shadowed parts of the picture and the app tells them what the particular picture is and makes a corresponding sound. This lets the child see different things that begin with the letter they are looking at and shows them how it looks as a word to build on recognition.
All in all if you have a preschool child at home this is a great app to get them started on all of the basics. It isn't just a time filler like some apps, it actually helps them begin to recognize and understand things they will need to know when entering school.
This app was produced by Kids Academy Company and can be downloaded on iTunes here.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Kids Academy Company.