Healthy Steps Portion Control Kitchen ToolsControl your portions -- The keys to eating right are easy; fill half of your plate with fruits, vegetables or salad and control those portions on the other half of the plate. If you serve too much food, you eat too much food. The Healthy Steps Portion Control Serving Set does all the work for you. Serve the perfect portion sizes of protein, vegetable and starch right from the stove.
· 1 slotted spoon for vegetables
· 1 solid spoon for starches such as potatoes or rice
· 1 spatula for protein
How to use:
· Choose the appropriate tool for the food group to serve.
· For vegetables and starches, fill the spoon but do not heap.
· For proteins, use the spatula head as a guide for the proper portion size. Serve proteins in portions equal to the size of a deck of cards. Our spatula head mimics this recommendation.
· Heat resistant to 400o F / 204o C. Dishwasher safe.
How to use:
· Pour in pasta to serving line on basket. For long noodles, use hole in handle to measure one serving.
· Set pasta basket into boiling water. Refer to pasta preparation instructions for cooking time.
· When done, lift pasta basket out of water to drain and pour directly onto plate to serve.
· Top rack dishwasher safe.