Game Rewards Players for Good Deeds in the Virtual and Real Worlds
A Better World, a Facebook game that rewards players not just for in-game activities but also for real world acts of kindness and expressions of gratitude, has soared to more than 120,000 players.
If you are looking for a new game to play while checking in on Facebook you really should check out A Better World. I've been playing this game with my 5-year old daughter and she really enjoys it. Of course it helped that the first thing we did was "doll-up" our character. Then we hit the pavement and started browsing around the various shops/arcade/and other locations.
The game offers more than 15 locations for community members to explore, including the:
- Department of Do Good – A place you can share real world good deeds you’ve performed and see what other members of the community have done
- Gratitude Grotto – A charming area where you can reveal what you are thankful for and express your support for messages left by others
- Sanctuary of Hope – A building where you can communicate your hopes and dreams and send encouragement to other players
- Arcade – A play area with uplifting mini-games to enjoy alone or with friends
- A new feature is the Better Pets Pet Shop, filled with adorable puppies, cute kittens or even a magical unicorn
A Better World was created by ToonUps, a digital entertainment company that has focused on developing digital content that encourages a positive outlook and altruistic behavior for more than a decade.
ToonUps hopes A Better World’s original approach could usher in a new genre of “do good gaming.” Research shows that being encouraged to think about things they are thankful for and doing activities that provide encouragement to others improves their mental, emotional and spiritual well being.
FTC Disclosure: I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received a $50 gift card as a thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.