Did you know that*…
- Nearly 60% of U.S. parents of children ages 3-17 admit that their child skips breakfast, with more than half of U.S. Moms wishing their child ate a more nutritious breakfast.
- 58% of U.S. Moms say they skip breakfast regularly. 46% of Moms who skip breakfast say they do so because they do not have enough time to prepare or eat it.
- 57% of single adults say the number one reason they skip breakfast is that they don’t have enough time to prepare it.
- While 71% of U.S. adults agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, 67% of those admit to skipping breakfast.
*Results of 2011 Children's Nutrition Survey, conducted by Harris Interactive for Seneca Farms
Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit Product Details:
- Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit can be found at Walmart and in a wide variety of retail grocery stores. For a detailed store list, visit www.seneca-farms.com.
- In less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee, heat the six-ounce microwaveable cup – no milk or water necessary – in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit has no trans fats or cholesterol, and is a great source of Vitamin C.
- Two initial flavors are being introduced - Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Peach. More flavors will be added in the coming months.
- Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit is a quick and healthy breakfast option for the entire family, a satisfying after-school snack for kids and even works as part of a healthy weight loss plan for those looking to lose or maintain weight loss.
I received Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Peach Oatmeal & Fruit cups for my reviewing purposes. I was in complete shock when I opened the first container. I couldn't believe it there were actual REAL chunks of fruit inside. Not the typical flakes of what other oatmeals claim to be fruit. After my initial shock passed I placed one of the containers in the microwave and heated it up - just a short 45 seconds and yum it was hot and ready to eat. The smell was so good when I heated up the Apple Cinnamon you could actually smell the cinnamon. And flavor, it was full of that too. Nice size pieces of apples as well as good sized pieces of oatmeal. It wasn't mushy or anything like I thought it might be, it was quite good. The Vanilla Peach was just as good in my opinion and I'm not usually one to eat peaches, but mixed with the vanilla and oatmeal it had a great flavor. I shared both flavors with my kids and they actually liked them too. I wasn't sure since they are both used to the other oatmeals that don't have actual fruit bits. I think this is going to be a new staple in our pantry, we are always running into mornings where we are running behind so having something we can pop in the microwave to be ready in less than a minute would be a lifesaver.
Buy it: You can get a coupon for $0.55 off Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit via the image above. You can find Oatmeal & Fruit at Walmart and other retail stores.
Disclosure: Thanks to PR Firm/sponsor I was provided with this product(s) for the purpose of my personal review. This blog post is not a paid post and the honest opinions stated are my own.